Contact Traffic Safety at:
201 E. 5th Street
Gillette, WY 82716
Phone: (307) 686-5265
Fax: (307) 685-8889
Traffic Safety provides a broad range of activities associated with traffic signs, signals, pavement markings, and traffic studies to improve and help maintain a safe transportation network within the City of Gillette. The division is responsible for:
- fabrication, installation, maintenance, and inventory of all the regulatory, warning and informational traffic signing in the City
- the operation, maintenance, and inspection of all traffic signals within the City
- maintenance, upkeep, and contract administration of the pavement markings and street striping in the City
- review of signing, signals, and pavement markings for public and development projects
- routine traffic studies as required by the Regulatory City Engineer
Requests for a traffic signal, sign, or crosswalk should be made to the Regulatory City Engineer.
We may then decide to do a traffic study to see whether it is warranted. To let us know of a request, e-mail us.
Traffic counts for the City of Gillette are done every three years by the Wyoming Department of Transportation. Click on a link below to view the most recent counts: